Monday, March 25, 2013

Social Media Links

We have been using a lot of great websites in class this semester!

As a future teacher, it is important for me to utilize resources that will create authentic learning experiences for my students. In saying that, I think it is imperative for me to take advantage of all of the valuable online tools, made readily available to me. Although there are some great resources online, like websites, I think connecting with other teachers and educators is even more useful and necessary. Through Pinterest and Goodreads, I have learned SO many helpful tips and been made aware of many lesson plans, content area books, reviews, creative projects, and SO much more! I am so happy we were assigned this project. I know I will definitely keep using each of these websites for many year. I have been using Pinterest for a long time.. I just added more boards and connected with more people for this project. However, I just started using Goodreads a few weeks ago, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I sounds so nerdy (or teacher-y) I am obsessed with finding out about new books and reading others' reviews of the books. So many great books have been brought to my attention, and I can't wait to have the opportunity to read all of them!

As far as our social media project, I have decided to create Pin Boards  such as "Teaching", "Books", "Language Arts Resources", and "Social Studies Resources" on my Pinterest page, which you can access here.

I have also decided to create a Goodreads page, where I rate and recommend books. This website also tells me what books I should try reading based upon my other book choices, ratings and  interests. You can access this page here. You can see my reviews of some of the books I've read here!

No comments:

Post a Comment